Judge Casey’s Meatloaf
· 1 and a half lbs of 80/20 lean ground beef
-Note: I like a half pound of ground white meat chicken, half pound of lean bison and a half pound of 80-20 grass fed beef.
· 1/2 cup bread crumbs
· 1/2 of an onion
· 2 sticks of celery
· 1 Carrot
· 1 large egg
· 2 tbsp. Judge Casey’s Irish Tomato Relish
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1 /4 cup parsley leaves
· Salt & ground black pepper - to taste
For the Topping:
· 3/4 cup Judge Casey’s Irish Tomato Relish
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. In a bowl start with a pound and a half of ground meat, half an onion, one carrot, two sticks of celery and a ¼ cup of chopped parsley, all finally chopped. 1\2 cup breadcrumbs, one egg, 2 tablespoons of Judge Casey’s, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to your taste.
3. Mix all ingredients well. Mold loaf onto sheet pan or oven Safe dish of your choice.
4. Place meatloaf in the oven & turn the oven down to 350°.
5. When the top begins to brown cover lightly with ¾ cup of Judge Casey’s and continue to bake until meatloaf’s hot (160° inside), fully cooked and Judge Casey’s has glazed over the top.
-Note: Keep the oven door closed for heat retention, Only open the door when necessary.
6. Let loaf rest at least 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with carrots and potatoes for an authentic taste of comfort.